Saturday, April 18, 2015

Song : "Dance With My Father"

Did you ever heard this song ? "Dance with My Father" is the title track to singer and songwriter Luther Vandross' thirteenth studio album. With Richard Marx, Vandross wrote the song based on his personal experience. Its heart touching lyrics recall childhood memories with Vandross' father, who used to dance with him and his mother.
Despite the lack of promotion due in part to Vandross' hospitalization, "Dance with My Father" became one of the most requested songs at the time. During the 2003 Grammy Awards, "Dance with My Father" earned Vandross the Song of the Year and Best Male R&B Vocal Performance accolades.
But I prefer when the legendary singer who sings this song celine dion, If you want to see how beautiful this song can be viewed at the following website:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BMuDMUjm1U

This is the lyrics from the song :

Back when I was a child

Before life removed all the innocence

My father would lift me high and dance with my mother and me and then
Spin me around ‘til I fell asleep
Then up the stairs he would carry me
And I knew for sure I was loved
If I could get another chance, another walk, another dance with him
I'd play a song that would never ever end
How I'd love, love, love
To dance with my father again

Sometimes I'd listen outside her door
And I'd hear how my mama cried for him
I pray for her even more than me
I pray for her even more than me

I know I'm praying for much too much
But could you send back the only man she loved
I know you don't do it usually
But dear Lord she's dying
To dance with my father again
Every night I fall asleep and this is all I ever dream

(Dance With My Father, Album Art by Luther Vandross)
Source :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dance_with_My_Father_(song)
http://lyrics.wikia.com/C%C3%A9line_Dion:Dance_With_My_Father

No comments:

Post a Comment